Intergalactic Investigative Reporter

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Nicholette Pavlevsky, Greg Wright and "Baktar"

I spent 2 hours Sunday (May 15, 2005) at the DFW MUFON meeting sitting through a talk from Nicholette Pavlevsky. She claims to channel an ET named "Baktar". When she has gone into "Trance" she takes questions from the audience as well as from her partner, Greg Wright.

Greg has authored a book called "Who's Who In UFOs And ETs". It is a self-published book that lists many of the personae that were recently listed in the "Top 100 most influential people in Ufology". In the book, "Baktar" makes comments about each of the listings and I was quite surprised at what "Baktar" says.

Did you know that, according to "B", Nick Redfern is an operative whose job it is to spread disinformation about government secrecy. I know, I know, I laughed too. Nick, however, wasn't laughing. He was in attendance and spoke up at the first mention of the book. Paraphrasing he said "Everything written in the book about me is 100% false". I don't remember what the exact response from Greg was (Baktar didn't respond) but it was essentially it must be the truth because Baktar said it.

Also from the book, Phillip Klass is an opponent of Ufology because he is an Abductee, and knows it, but doesn't want to accept it.

There are other such stories in the book.

During the meeting "B" kept referring to Earthlings with the collective pronoun "our" instead of "your". He would use "us" instead of "you". He referred to Cynthia Turnage as "he". Greg quickly corrected "B" because he just happened to have seen Cynthia speak at a UFO symposium in California in the early '90's.

I talked to Greg Wright at dinner after the meeting about the "incident" with Nick. He asked me why Nick didn't continue to discuss what had been written about him during the meeting. I couldn't say for sure but I think it was because Nick was too much of a gentleman to disrupt the meeting.

Here's the kicker. When I defended Nick to Greg, he iterated that I too must be part of the disinformation corp. I iterated back that this "Baktar", if real, could also be spreading disinformation and should not be followed blindly.

Greg said "that's exactly what a someone would say if they were spreading disinformation." I said "That's also what someone would say if they weren't spreading disinformation." Nicholette is fairly knowledgeable of the UFO phenomena which also leads me to believe it is her voice we hear when "Baktar Speaks".

No, I don't think I can accept her as a genuine channeler.

7 Comments:

Blogger Paul Kimball said...

Scoop:

Fine bit of reporting here. I met these two (and there are only two!) people at the 2004 Aztec symposium, where they regaled me with all their nonsense, and tried to convince me that Nick was a government agent, and Stan was a government agent, and so forth. With (stereo)typical Canadian politeness, I listened as long as I could, and then told them, politely of course, that I thought they were full of it (I would be less polite now, with a fair bit of ufological water having flowed under my bridge). They're nuts, pure and simple, and it's a shame that anyone in ufology gives them, or those like them, the time of day. Again, it boggles my mind to think that people within ufology wonder why nobody in the "mainstream" seems to take them seriously!

Paul Kimball

Tuesday, May 24, 2005 5:53:00 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

My favorite part is that Phillip Klass is an abductee .................................................................................................................................................................................. HAR HAR HAR HAR.

Tuesday, May 24, 2005 6:20:00 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Actually Paul it was Terry Groff that wrote that article. I think we're talkin' PEW-litzer Prize here.

Tuesday, May 24, 2005 10:59:00 PM

 
Blogger Zorgrot said...

I knew it had to be someone other than Jupiter.

Z. (currently on the road)

Wednesday, May 25, 2005 8:08:00 PM

 
Blogger Kyle said...

My question...

Which "channeler" DO you find "genuine"?

And Nick was far too charitable, IMHO.

This emperor wears no clothes, and Nick should have pursued it. Being a gentleman should fall by the wayside when lies are being told about you.

And if Baktar is never wrong, why did Greg have to "correct" him?

Sounds like a lively meeting nonetheless. I'm sure you enjoyed the disinfo dance, too. :)

Kyle
UFOreflections.blogspot.com

Tuesday, July 05, 2005 1:52:00 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I haven't seen any channelers yet that I found to be genuine but
I'm still open to the possibility. I've had some very unusual
paranormal experiences so I know there is something going on
"behind the scenes".

Nick told me that he said all he needed to say. He didn't see
any point in getting into a debate considering Greg's mindset.
Greg would have just considered everything Nick said as part of
his 'disinformation' campaign. He even considered me as part of
the 'corp' for sticking up with Nick.

If you ask me Greg seemed a little 'whipped' ;)

Friday, July 08, 2005 12:12:00 PM

 
Blogger AB5SY said...

Although Phillip Klass was in reality a beliver of UFO's and aliensafter his own abduction, it was necessary for him to play the role of devils advocate, rather then risk Ufology to discover he had fallen victim to the E.T. anal probe.

Friday, August 12, 2005 1:32:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home